As you have read above, Netgear Nighthawk routers are industry-leading routers that delivers better connectivity and features. To make the most out of these routers, you have to set them up. The procedure for router setup is quite simple to perform. There are multiple ways by which you can set up your Netgear Nighthawk router such as:
- You can use the WPS button method which is highly preferred. However, it requires a WPS button on both your devices.
- You can also do it via the “mywifiext” window which is basically a manual setup of your router.
- The third method that you can opt for is through the Nighthawk App. This method is convenient to perform and requires just a simple procedure to follow.
Netgear Nighthawk routers are fully compatible and best accessible with Nighthawk App. This is the simplest way of setting up your Netgear routers. Hence, to provide a clear understanding of the setup process, we are mentioned all the steps that you must follow for your router setup via Nighthawk App.
- The primary step of the process is to download the application on your mobile device. This application can work best with both the operating systems. Hence, open the application store on your smart device, search for the Nighthawk App, and download it.
- Once the application gets downloaded on your device, you have to launch it and complete its installation process. The process of installation is fairly simple. You just need to review the license agreement and aware yourself with all its terms and conditions. Then, accept it and click “Get Started”.
- Next to that, you will be asked to sign in to your MyNetgear account. Provide the credentials and confirm the sign-in. However, if you are new to Netgear and wondering about the account creation, then you can create one from the same window. You just need to click the relevant tab and invade the personal information.
- Further, you have to ensure that your device is connected to the Netgear router. If not, then you have to do it right away. Choose any of the two options i.e. QR Code or Manual Connection. You can form the connection by following the on-screen instructions.
- As you are done with the connection, the setup window will prompt immediately. It needs you to sign in to your Netgear router that you need to set up. Provide the default credentials for the first time sign in and later you need to answer a few questions so as to complete the process. Finally, hit “Finish” and start off your device usage.