The Netgear router IP address can be customized and you can set a specific one based on your choice. Doing so, no unauthorized user will be able to access your router admin page. Also, it is important to change your router IP address in order to avoid conflict with the IP address of a router and modem that are presently installed on the network. Following are the instructions to change your Netgear Router IP address.
- To customize Netgear router IP address, download the Netgear Insight application from the Play Store or App Store depending upon your mobile version.
- Once the downloading is done, tap Open to access the Netgear Insight application on your mobile.
- In the next window, tap on the Create an Account button. Specify all the details including First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Country Name. Then, set a password for your Netgear account and confirm it also. After reading all the terms and conditions, tap “Create Account”.
- Enable Two-Step Verification and Touch ID and then tap Continue.
- Following this, select your location, and a list of all the routers that are nearby your area will get displayed on your screen.
- Select your specific router from the list available for which you want to change the IP address. In the next window, you need to select the WAN IP option.
- Then, turn off the Assign IP Address Automatically option. Once you turn it off, you will be asked to provide a new IP address for your router.
- So, input a new IP address into the space allotted and then tap “Save”.
Visit here for Netgear Extender Setup – MywifiExt