To ensure you have a hassle-free and smooth experience during the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Setup, we have divided the entire process into two parts. Make sure you follow all the steps accurately.
PART 1 – Router Configuration
Before you go for the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Setup, first, you will need to connect the router physically using the following three modes:
- First, you will have to unplug all the cables that are connected to your system. After that, plug in the modem power adapter. Then, check to ensure if the power button or light is ON.
- Next, you have to connect the router. Plug the Ethernet cable’s one end to the modem and the other end into the router’s internet port. Remember, the internet port is usually set apart from the rest of the ports.
- Now, plug in the router power adapter and check if the router is ON with its power light.
PART 2 – Router Login & Setup
- First, you will have to launch a web browser. You can pick any as per your preference or system’s allowance.
- Then, proceed to the search bar and type the URL mywifiext. Hit to search the same.
- If this URL does not work or the page shows an error or does not load, then search the URL ‘http://192.168.1.1.‘
- As a result, a new window will display where you will be prompted to input the username and password. Here, you have to input the default login credentials.
- Remember, the username and password must be case-sensitive.
- Further, click on the ‘login’ option.
- As a result, the basic home screen will display.
Note – In case your default login details do not work, you might have modified the admin password. Hence, if you forgot the password, you will have to perform a factory reset process to restore the router to its default settings.
Once the Netgear Nighthawk portal displays on the screen after following the above steps, you have to follow the on-screen instructions. As a result, you will get to have a successful Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Setup.
Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Setup with Nighthawk Application
- First, connect the antennas to the router.
- Then, pair the modem to the internet port of your router.
- After that, turn the router’s power ON and check if the LED light is lit.
- Next, hold your device and go to the play store.
- Now, search and download the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Open the application after the downloading is complete, and execute the on-screen prompts for Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Setup.