Whenever the user purchases the Netgear extender, they get the default admin password easily found by anyone aware of the extender model number. So, it is vital to secure the network by choosing a strong password. Therefore, here for all users, we have mentioned the procedure to change the admin login password.
- First of all, turn ON any Wi-Fi enabled device.
- After this, open any internet browser.
- Then enter the 192.168.1.250 in the address bar.
- After this, hit the “Enter” button.
- Now, wait until the login page load properly.
- After this, enter the username and the password and then hit the “Login” button.
- Now once the dashboard of the extender appears, then go to the Wireless Settings option.
- Then click on the “Set Password” option.
- After this, enter the current admin login password in the “Old password” field.
- Then type the new password to login to the Netgear Login account.
- Then click on the “Apply” button.
So through these following steps, the user can easily change the login password of 192.168.1.250. If users get stuck at any point while changing the password, then feel free to ask for help from the Netgear Customer Support.